Monday 28 November 2016

About me artefact version2


"The 3 Cs in life: choice, chance, change. You must make the choice, to take the chance, if you want anything in life to change". This is one of the quotes I have been reading on the internet and I think it reflects my character. I consider myself a goal setter, and when I dream a dream, I plan to achieve it.

I came from a very humble beginning. Despite the poverty and hardship in life, I have been able to pursue and finish my university education through a scholarship, with the moral support and encouragement of my family, and with the help of our Almighty God. My family and loved ones are my inspirations to strive and dream high. It has been very long the process that I have been through. At a slow pace and through hard work, focus, and perseverance, I think I am at the final stage of my long-term goal. I have the opportunity to work and live in Canada and as of now, I am a permanent resident and working with one of the top 100 employers in Saskatchewan.

I have the interest to improve my English language skills most especially with my speaking ability. That is why I enrolled in LINC Home Study. Basically, the English language is our second language in my native land and as a native citizen, speaking English is not the mode of communication that we usually use to talk with others on a daily basis. That is why I want to improve and learn the correct pronunciation, diction, and enunciation of English words. It is very important to me to be effective in communication, to talk with my co-workers and bosses, to read and follow instructions, and to be effective in listening. These are the social situations and skills that I need to improve so that I can engage or integrate effectively and appropriately in the workplace as well as in the community through proper and effective communication. The most important English skills that I need as of now are speaking, listening, and reading because these skills are being used all the time in the workplace and I think I have a good level of English skills in reading and writing. I am looking forward to that in the next few months. I should able to improve my speaking and listening and attain a higher level with these specific skills. Although I do not have difficulty listening with the majority of my co-workers, I do have a little difficulty understanding the older employees when they speak too fast with a different sound that I cannot explain.

I want to learn and improve more with these specific English skills because I believe it can help me build my self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-improvement and I am looking forward to when I can use this as an advantage to advance my career in the future. May God help and guide me always with my plan and path.

No comments:

Post a Comment